Dear Google Slides,
Thanks for being a super reliable tool in the classroom. Love how my students can present their work but after you’ve seen it done, like all the time, it’s a little tiring. Got any other tricks?
Nearly Every Middle to Senior Teacher
It’s time to spice up your students’ use of Google Slides with a little animating flavour. Follow the guide below to learn how your students can create some killer animations using Slides. Don’t have slides, never fear – this works in PowerPoint too!
Insider Tips Before you Animate
- Select a small scene to animate as animation takes a long time (if it’s a good one). Excerpt of a scene is perfect and is powerful
- Students to storyboard the scene to assist in visualisation and to know what comes next in the animation
- Set the task for homework as well as during class time
- Extension Task – capture the animation using Screencastify
Keyboard Shortcuts & Tips
- CTRL D – Duplicate (Chrome/PC)
- CTRL D – Duplicate (Mac)
- To group a shape: Click the 1st shape, hold down shift, then click all the remainder shapes, right click then click on group
- ALT (mouse) CLICK – Duplicates a shape